Semi-OT: Things to Boycott....Now
ricercar
2010-05-29 23:09:14 UTC
1. BP
2. too-big-to-fail banks and other financial institutions
3. State of Arizona
4. DrECCA's "Dark Hope"
5. Placido Domingo
Rugby
2010-05-29 23:30:22 UTC
Post by ricercar
1. BP
2. too-big-to-fail banks and other financial institutions
3. State of Arizona
4. DrECCA's "Dark Hope"
5. Placido Domingo
" Top kill" fails, we are told today.

As a Nation, we should be ashamed.

We killed 11 people in the Gulf.

We have permitted the rape and murder of Mother Nature and her
children.

We may trust in God, but He will no longer trust in us.

We get the Government we deserve, and what we deserve.

Now, we need to apologize to our children and hope they forgive us.

I would not forgive us.

Rugby
ansermetniac
2010-05-29 23:42:15 UTC
Post by Rugby
Post by ricercar
1. BP
2. too-big-to-fail banks and other financial institutions
3. State of Arizona
4. DrECCA's "Dark Hope"
5. Placido Domingo
" Top kill" fails, we are told today.
As a Nation, we should be ashamed.
We killed 11 people in the Gulf.
We have permitted the rape and murder of Mother Nature and her
children.
We may trust in God, but He will no longer trust in us.
We get the Government we deserve, and what we deserve.
Now, we need to apologize to our children and hope they forgive us.
I would not forgive us.
Rugby
"Democracy is a device that insures we shall be governed no better
than we deserve."

George Bernard Shaw

Abbedd
Gerard
("we" are no "Nation")
ricercar
7. Tea Party
Gerard
Products from Israel.
clem
2010-06-01 00:23:36 UTC
Post by Gerard
Post by ricercar
1. BP
2. too-big-to-fail banks and other financial institutions
3. State of Arizona
4. DrECCA's "Dark Hope"
5. Placido Domingo
6. Wal-Mart
7. Tea Party
Products from Israel.
Products from Israel include some very fine kosher wines
Excellent chocolate
Chalk ( much of the chalk used in NYC schools)
very good fruit

I will buy some additional Israeli wine this week to make up for
Gerard....

Paul
clem
2010-06-01 00:15:12 UTC
Post by ricercar
1. BP
2. too-big-to-fail banks and other financial institutions
3. State of Arizona
4. DrECCA's "Dark Hope"
5. Placido Domingo
6. Wal-Mart
7. Tea Party
My checking account is at Citibank, and I (sadly) own stock in the
company.
I am making my first visit to Arizona next March. (Scheduled a while
ago, but I certainly will not cancel it)
Wal-Mart has good prices on fishing gear.
If Domingo appears in an opera I want to see, then I will certainly
go. Don't know the "Dark Hope" reference.

But I am with you on BP and tea parties.

Paul

P.S. "We" did not kill 11 people in the Gulf of Mexico any more than
"we" killed the coal miners who died in an explosion in the mine. I am
angry about the corporate greed and carelessness that contributed to
this tragic accident, but do not feel the least bit guilty about it.
Pat
2010-06-01 00:29:11 UTC
Post by ricercar
1. BP
2. too-big-to-fail banks and other financial institutions
3. State of Arizona
4. DrECCA's "Dark Hope"
5. Placido Domingo
6. Wal-Mart
7. Tea Party
. Don't know the "Dark Hope" reference.

Renee Fleming has just released a poppish album called "Dark Hope"
which has not been well received in some circles; I'm guessing that
'DrECCA' is an unflattering reference to her

Pat
clem
2010-06-01 00:34:27 UTC
Post by clem
Post by ricercar
1. BP
2. too-big-to-fail banks and other financial institutions
3. State of Arizona
4. DrECCA's "Dark Hope"
5. Placido Domingo
6. Wal-Mart
7. Tea Party
. Don't know the "Dark Hope" reference.
Renee Fleming has just released a poppish album called "Dark Hope"
which has not been well received in some circles; I'm guessing that
'DrECCA' is an unflattering reference to her
Pat
Thanks - I thought it was something like that.

Paul
Pat
Pat
Can I add La Renee's latest crossover "thing"?
premiereopera@aol.com
2010-05-30 18:17:46 UTC
Post by J
Post by ricercar
1. BP
2. too-big-to-fail banks and other financial institutions
3. State of Arizona
4. DrECCA's "Dark Hope"
5. Placido Domingo
Can I add La Renee's latest crossover "thing"?
I think you can add anything you wish!!! I like the original list a
lot!

Ed
A21²
2010-06-01 07:57:17 UTC
Post by ***@aol.com
Post by J
Post by ricercar
1. BP
2. too-big-to-fail banks and other financial institutions
3. State of Arizona
4. DrECCA's "Dark Hope"
5. Placido Domingo
Can I add La Renee's latest crossover "thing"?
I think you can add anything you wish!!! I like the original list a
lot!
Ed >
Dear Ed,
If you favor boycotting Placido Domingo how do you rationalize the
fact that you push the sale of over three-hundred pirated recordings
of his performances at your website?
http://premiereopera.com/search.aspx?find=Domingo
Ancona21
premiereopera@aol.com
2010-06-01 15:45:39 UTC
Post by A21²
Post by ***@aol.com
Post by J
Post by ricercar
1. BP
2. too-big-to-fail banks and other financial institutions
3. State of Arizona
4. DrECCA's "Dark Hope"
5. Placido Domingo
Can I add La Renee's latest crossover "thing"?
I think you can add anything you wish!!! I like the original list a
lot!
Ed >
Dear Ed,
If you favor boycotting Placido Domingo how do you rationalize the
fact that you push the sale of over three-hundred pirated recordings
of his performances at your website?http://premiereopera.com/search.aspx?find=Domingo
Ancona21
Dear Ancona,
Stop trying to make trouble and keep picking at me. I did not publish
the original list. Go make trouble elsewhere already. I will post what
I want and you can post what you want. You are like an old broken
record on this subject and your ideology is all too well known, as is
your motives. I will not engage in your immature prattle which has
been going around on this very subject for years.

Ed
wkasimer
2010-06-01 16:49:58 UTC
Post by ***@aol.com
I will not engage in your immature prattle
Good idea, Ed - you've got more than enough of your own to keep you
occupied.

Bill
A21²
2010-06-01 18:35:42 UTC
Post by ***@aol.com
Post by A21²
Post by ***@aol.com
Post by J
Post by ricercar
[...]
We have a similar problem, Ed. You can't resist trashing Placido
Domingo and I can't resist trashing you when you do it.
A21
premiereopera@aol.com
2010-06-01 15:46:31 UTC
Post by A21²
Post by ***@aol.com
Post by J
Post by ricercar
1. BP
2. too-big-to-fail banks and other financial institutions
3. State of Arizona
4. DrECCA's "Dark Hope"
5. Placido Domingo
Can I add La Renee's latest crossover "thing"?
I think you can add anything you wish!!! I like the original list a
lot!
Ed >
Dear Ed,
If you favor boycotting Placido Domingo how do you rationalize the
fact that you push the sale of over three-hundred pirated recordings
of his performances at your website?http://premiereopera.com/search.aspx?find=Domingo
Ancona21
And I favor boycotting the entire list. I did not single out Placido
Domingo. You did.

Ed
Ken Meltzer
2010-06-01 16:11:41 UTC
Post by ***@aol.com
Post by A21²
Post by ***@aol.com
Post by J
Post by ricercar
1. BP
2. too-big-to-fail banks and other financial institutions
3. State of Arizona
4. DrECCA's "Dark Hope"
5. Placido Domingo
Can I add La Renee's latest crossover "thing"?
I think you can add anything you wish!!! I like the original list a
lot!
Ed >
Dear Ed,
If you favor boycotting Placido Domingo how do you rationalize the
fact that you push the sale of over three-hundred pirated recordings
of his performances at your website?http://premiereopera.com/search.aspx?find=Domingo
Ancona21
And I favor boycotting the entire list. I did not single out Placido
Domingo. You did.
Ed
Ed:
I'm sorry, but with all due respect, A21's point here is well-taken.
If you really favor boycotting the entire list (of which Placido
Domingo) is part, how does selling 300 or so of Domingo's recordings
reconcile with that position?
Maybe you were just kidding, and don't really advocate boycotting
Domingo, in which case, I would withdraw my above comments.
Best,
Ken
A21²
2010-06-01 18:45:26 UTC
Post by ***@aol.com
Post by A21²
Post by ***@aol.com
Post by J
Post by ricercar
1. BP
2. too-big-to-fail banks and other financial institutions
3. State of Arizona
4. DrECCA's "Dark Hope"
5. Placido Domingo
Can I add La Renee's latest crossover "thing"?
I think you can add anything you wish!!! I like the original list a
lot!
Ed >
Dear Ed,
If you favor boycotting Placido Domingo how do you rationalize the
fact that you push the sale of over three-hundred pirated recordings
of his performances at your website?http://premiereopera.com/search.aspx?find=Domingo
Ancona21
And I favor boycotting the entire list. I did not single out Placido
Domingo. You did.
Ed >
What utter bullshit! Do you expect anybody to believe Domingo wasn't
your target? Your mendacity notwithstanding, I shall not withhold this
superb and rare Richard Tucker photograph from your adoring eyes.

Enjoy! http://tinyurl.com/Tucker-in-BVDs

Ancona21
2010-06-01 19:34:06 UTC
In article
Post by A21²
What utter bullshit! Do you expect anybody to believe Domingo wasn't
your target? Your mendacity notwithstanding, I shall not withhold this
superb and rare Richard Tucker photograph from your adoring eyes.
Enjoy! http://tinyurl.com/Tucker-in-BVDs
Tucker certainly exhibits all the machismo and physique of Gunther
Toody, on Car 54, Where are you?

-Owen, bet he could sing better than Gunther, though.
Ken Meltzer
Oooo....oooo!
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)
2010-05-30 19:04:12 UTC
Post by ricercar
1. BP
2. too-big-to-fail banks and other financial institutions
3. State of Arizona
4. DrECCA's "Dark Hope"
5. Placido Domingo
A propos #3, a few nights ago CBS News had a segment about the Arizona
businessman (helicopter manufacturer, IIRC) who has announced his
retaliatory boycott of West Coast seaports, rerouting his imports via
the Panama Canal to avoid them. Since the parts could just as well be
manufactured here, the only reason he's importing anything at all is
that he's EXPORTING American jobs to Korea. (So much for "patriotism"!)
Count of Warwick
2010-05-30 20:10:30 UTC
I wish they'd stop taking the sainted Geoffrey's name in vain!
Bren
2010-05-30 22:44:21 UTC
Too True, man!
colin-reed@nospam.lineone.net
2010-06-01 15:29:29 UTC
Post by Count of Warwick
I wish they'd stop taking the sainted Geoffrey's name in vain!
His Mum was a good bowler!

Colin

Boycott - the collective noun for a group of panama hats!
Count of Warwick
Not bat with a bat, either...even though she used a stick of rhubarb!
JKH
2010-06-01 19:36:28 UTC
Post by Count of Warwick
I wish they'd stop taking the sainted Geoffrey's name in vain!
Hear hear, Count! Sainthood may be some way off for him, but surely a
knighthood is long overdue.

JKH
Mark
2010-06-01 03:08:49 UTC
Post by ricercar
1. BP
2. too-big-to-fail banks and other financial institutions
3. State of Arizona
4. DrECCA's "Dark Hope"
5. Placido Domingo
Glenn Beck
Fox "News"
Rush Limbaugh
David Oberman
2010-06-01 05:11:38 UTC
On Mon, 31 May 2010 20:08:49 -0700 (PDT), Mark
Post by Mark
Post by ricercar
1. BP
2. too-big-to-fail banks and other financial institutions
3. State of Arizona
4. DrECCA's "Dark Hope"
5. Placido Domingo
Glenn Beck
Fox "News"
Rush Limbaugh
And Verizon FiOS

_______

He who would reap tears should sow love.

-- Beethoven
Ward Hardman Pays To Suck Cock in Tijuana
2010-06-02 01:22:34 UTC
Actually boycotting Ward Hardman is like flushing a turd down the
toilet! How cleansing!

Ward HardMoron