"A musician may suddenly reach a point at which pleasure in the technique of art entirely falls away..."
aesthete8
2013-01-05 09:38:12 UTC
Any reactions to this?:

- A musician may suddenly reach a point at which pleasure in the
technique of art entirely falls away, and in some moment of
inspiration, he becomes the instrument through which music is played.

Edwin Diller Starbuck (1900,The Psychology of Religion)
aesthete8
2013-01-13 07:04:40 UTC
Post by aesthete8
- A musician may suddenly reach a point at which pleasure in the
technique of art entirely falls away, and in some moment of
inspiration, he becomes the instrument through which music is played.
Edwin Diller Starbuck (1900,The Psychology of Religion)
Does that have anything to do with this?:

- We never do anything well till we cease to think about the manner of
doing it.

William Hazlitt
aesthete8
2013-01-21 01:08:56 UTC
Post by aesthete8
Post by aesthete8
- A musician may suddenly reach a point at which pleasure in the
technique of art entirely falls away, and in some moment of
inspiration, he becomes the instrument through which music is played.
Edwin Diller Starbuck (1900,The Psychology of Religion)
- We never do anything well till we cease to think about the manner of
doing it.
William Hazlitt
Or with this?:

- The best music should be played as the best men and women should be
dressed--neither so well or so ill as to attract attention to itself.

Samuel Butler