CSO Cellist/American Idol go Prog Rock!
d***@yahoo.com
2010-09-22 04:29:13 UTC
Hi everyone,

My name is Jonathan, and I'm a drummer/composer from Chicago. I'm new
here, and I
thought you guys might like
to check out some new music that features one of the world's finest
cellist playing in a context you may not expect.
Yep,
I've got a Prog Rock band called District 97, and our debut album
"Hybrid Child" was just released worldwide on Tuesday 9/14 by Laser's
Edge. The kicker that seperates us from any other prog band is that
we
feature 2007 American Idol Finalist Leslie Hunt and Chicago Symphony
Orchestra virtuoso cellist Katinka Kleijn. Here are some links you
guys can check out:

(Music Video)
www.district97.net (website)
http://www.classicalmusicsentinel.com/minstrel.html
(Classical Music Sentinel review)
http://blog.billkopp.com/?p=306 (Bill Kopp review)
http://www.goldminemag.com/blogs/american-idol-alum-goes-prog
(Goldmine article)

If you guys like what you hear, you can pick it up everywhere online
for sale or download. Either way, I'd be curious to hear the thoughts
of some like-minded music fans!

Here's a free download of our version of Olivier Messiaen's "Dance of
Fury, for the Seven Trumpets." www.district97.bandcamp.com

Jonathan

---------------------------------------------------------------------------­­-----
Get the CD at http://www.lasercd.com/Products/District-97---Hybrid-Child__LE-spc-10...
www.district97.net
www.district97.bandcamp.com (free download)
www.myspace.com/district97
pup
2010-09-23 12:23:50 UTC
http://youtu.be/tZaPUJrykAg Video)www.district97.net(website)http://www.classicalmusicsentinel.com/minstrel.html
Get the CD athttp://www.lasercd.com/Products/District-97---Hybrid-Child__LE-spc-10...www.district97.netwww.district97.bandcamp.com(free download)www.myspace.com/district97
I've downloaded the Dance of Fury, it's a amazingly intense (and
humorous) performance. Very nice, thank you for sharing it :)

Poul